This live web event has ended. Thank you for attending.
NTPI Graduate Level Class: Successfully Defending Employee Retention Credit Claims in Exam - Sponsored by Raistone
IRS Program #: X9QQU-T-00925-23-O
CTEC #: 6257-CE-0124
CE: 2 IRS credits & 2 CTEC credits
Speakers: Heathy Posey, EA and Rebecca Sheppard, EA
After completing this course, students will be able to effectively represent their clients in defense of ERC claims filed. Students will learn the full ins and outs of employee retention credit eligibility, including:
- Calculating gross receipts for purposes of the ERC
- Determining qualified wages & disqualified owner/related person wages
- Learning the business aggregation rules to determine when a business is part of a controlled group or affiliated service group
- Learning about the ownership attribution rules affecting business aggregation and qualified wage analyses
- Interviewing your clients to determine their restrictions eligibility
- Researching government orders to substantiate restrictions
- Reconciling wages used for PPP forgiveness
- Common pitfalls leading to inaccurate calculations, and
- Preparing the required substantiation & workpapers for the revenue agent.