This live web event has ended. Thank you for attending.
Liquidation or Termination of C Corporation
IRS Program #: X9QQU-T-01017-23-O
CTEC #: 6257-CE-0164
CE: 2 IRS & 2 CTEC credits
Speaker: Daryl Brown, PhD, EA, CPA
During this course we will review items relative to a termination of an entity due to a sale, S corporation election being revoked, as well as, the liquidation of an entity after a sale of the entity’s assets or stock.
- Review filing requirements when a C corporation’s assets are sold (Form 8594)
- Discuss how a sale of stock is treated by the C corporation and forms to be issued to the shareholder selling their stock (Form 1099DIV)
- Define what a liquidating distribution is and the shareholders' tax implications.
- Define Tax-free reorganizations due to corporation moving state of incorporation, moving to a different entity type with the same owners (sole proprietorship or partnership)
- Review tax filing necessary with the final year of C corporation tax filing (Form 966,1810)