This live web event has ended. Thank you for attending.
2023 August Solutions Room: IRS Tax Resolution
Recent statistics reveal over 98% of tax court petitions are resolved without going to court, which means Enrolled Agents can represent and resolve most cases with a power of attorney and the proper training. This session will take you (as an EA) from audit all the way to the Chief Counsels Office to discuss the advantages of negotiating with an IRS Attorney. We will also explore options where the deadlines have expired, like offer in compromise, collection due process hearings, audit reconsideration, non-collectable status, and bankruptcy referral options. This session should encourage interest, thought, and understanding.
At the completion of this course, you should understand and recognize how you are empowered as an Enrolled Agent to represent most taxpayers before the IRS. You will also realize what doors are open to you after a petition has been filed with the US Tax Court.
- Review Tax Court & Appellate Court Rulings and Opinions.
- Determine options and strategies in resolving a taxpayer's IRS problems.
- Represent a taxpayer from audit all the way to the doors of Tax Court.
- Discover how to file a tax court petition without breaking the law.
- Traverse all levels of appeal and representation on behalf of your taxpayer.
- Plan pre-trial meetings with the IRS attorneys in Chief Counsels Office.
- Consider other options if the deadline has lapsed for filing a petition.
- Take an impossible situation and find a solution for your taxpayer.