This live web event has ended. Thank you for attending.
2023 August ERC Ask the Expert: The Enrolled Agent's Role in Reducing ERC Fraud and ERC Update - Sponsored by RaistoneIRS Program #: coming soon!
CTEC #: coming soon!
CE: 1 IRS/1 CTEC credit
Speakers: Lisa Sunderman & Larry Pon
We have been hearing the commercials telling us that you are entitled to $26,000 per employee for the Employee Retention Credit (ERC). Your clients are telling you all their friends have gotten money from the ERC so they should also get this money. Some of them have even taken these company's offers to take advantage of the ERC. Do your clients qualify for the ERC? What is the latest guidance from the IRS? More importantly, what is the guidance from the IRS Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR)? In this seminar we will review the latest guidance from the IRS and learn what we should do when our clients confront us about the ERC. More importantly, how do we respond to the IRS audits on ERC?
- Learn about the IRS most recent guidance regarding the ERC.
- Learn about our Circular 230 responsibilities regarding ERC from OPR.
- See how to spot signs of an ERC Scam.
- Review the latest IRS FAQs on ERC.
- Learn how to prepare for an IRS ERC audit.