This live web event has ended. Thank you for attending.
Complex Social Security Rules and New 2024 Values - Sponsored by RSSA
IRS Program #: N/A
Speakers: Martha Shedden and Melissa Warren
Only 4% of retirees optimize their Social Security benefits, and as an Enrolled Agent, you are well positioned to assist your clients with this complex decision.
In the new year, there are new values which impact Social Security benefits, including the COLA, earnings limits, maximum taxable earnings, PIA bend points, and more.
Understanding the rules that apply to your clients’ personal circumstances can increase their benefit by tens and even hundreds of THOUSANDS of dollars over their lifetime.
Join us for this presentation which reviews basic concepts,new information for 2024, then covers some complex Social Security rules and how to apply them to working with prospects and clients. We will cover rules and real client case studies related to:
- Calculating retirement benefits
- How the COLA applies to benefits
- The most common Social Security pitfall: earnings limits
- Unique considerations for survivor benefits
- Explain how Social Security benefits are calculated.
- Recall the changes for Social Security to consider for your clients in 2024.
- Specify who qualifies for dependent benefits and how their benefit amount is calculated.
- Identify claiming strategy options for a widow(er) who is eligible for retirement and survivor benefits.
- Choose optimalfiling times for client case examples.