This live web event has ended. Thank you for attending.
Reasonable Compensation for S Corps - Sponsored by RCReports
CE: 2 IRS & 2 CTEC credits
IRS Program #: X9QQU-U-01083-23-O
CTEC #: 6257-CE-0249
Speaker: Paul S. Hamann, Founder and President of RCReports
Between 2010 and 2020 a parade of Court Cases, IRS Fact sheets, Job Aids, and Internal Memos, plus Heightened IRS scrutiny and Preparer Penalties has brought the issue of "Reasonable Compensation for S Corps" out of the shadows and placed it forefront as a priority issue for CPA's, EA's, and Tax and Financial advisors to cover their clients. We will Explore key court cases, IRS guidelines, preparer penalties, and some of the obscure tools the IRS has put in place. We debunk common myths and fiction on how reasonable compensation should be calculated and replace it with facts and methodologies that the IRS relies on.
- Demonstrate the basic advantages of Distributions V. Salary/Wages.
- Assess the consequences of an IRS re-characterization of distributions.
- Review Reasonable Compensation in the courts.
- Discuss the IRS guidelines for determining Reasonable Compensation.
- Determine when Reasonable Compensation applies to your client.
- Explain advanced scenarios.
- Review Tips from the pros and IRS Red Flags.
- Review why Reasonable Compensation has become a priority for the SB/SE division of the IRS.
- Identify options for determining Reasonable Compensation.