Please note that access to this course expires 60 days after purchase.
Welcome to F-1 Beyond the Basics: Employment and Training, a NAFSA e-Learning course for international student advisers.
- Consider institutional interpretations and application of employment regulations.
- Advise students about eligibility and long-term impact of different employment options.
- Perform administrative tasks to support students to engage in authorized practical training and employment.
- Stay abreast of agency guidance impacting the application of employment regulations.
You will need to refer to the NAFSA Adviser's Manual throughout this course. If you do not already have access then you can get temporary access for the duration of the course.
- Visit the Adviser's Manual 360 tab in the Course Overview and click on the link.
- Review the “Adviser’s Manual Tutorial,” located on the course information page, to familiarize yourself with the manual’s features.
- Note: Information on F-1 regulations can be found in Chapter 3 of the manual
Your e-Learning Course Dean, Megumi Tan, will be with you throughout your entire e-Learning Course. To get the most out of this course, it is your responsibility to ask questions and pose ideas on the discussion boards for your facilitator and others to respond to. Please also take the initiative to respond to others’ posts as well.
- You will have 60 days from your registration date to complete this course. Extensions are rarely granted.
- If your green progress checkmarks are not showing, please do not worry as this is not required for completion of the course.
- Please read the Course Overview and associated materials
- If your question is not answered, please contact us using this form.
Copyright © NAFSA: Association of International Educators. All rights reserved.