Please note that access to this course expires 60 days after purchase.Welcome to Developing Short-Term Education Abroad Programs, a NAFSA e-learning course. In this course, you will be introduced to the key concepts and resources all advisers need to successfully implement short term education abroad programs.
- Develop a short-term program from the initial idea through all phases of its development.
- Employ strategies that will help you avoid the pitfalls of planning at various stages.
- Apply best practices for developing short-term programs to those that fit your institution's needs.
Your e-Learning Course Dean, Alexander Heinz, will be with you throughout your entire e-Learning Course. To get the most out of this course, it is your responsibility to ask questions and pose ideas on the discussion boards for your facilitator and others to respond to. Please also take the initiative to respond to others’ posts as well.
How to use this course:
- To get started, please click on the Companion Workbook below and print or save a copy of the contents for your use during the course.
- The Module Players will display in a pop-up window. You may have to edit your web browser settings to allow pop-ups from this site.
- Begin by introducing yourself to the other participants taking the e-learning course right now.
- Click on the first module, scroll down to the comment section and write a paragraph about yourself and what brings you to this course. Be sure to include your first name, institution or organization type, approximate number of undergraduate students, and size of the education abroad team you are working on.
- There will be discussion prompts throughout this course at the bottom of each module page. We want to encourage you to interact with other participants and share questions, comments, and ideas.
- NAFSA Forum Code of Conduct
- You have 60 days from the time of registration to complete this course. Extensions are rarely granted.
- If your green progress checkmarks are not showing, please do not worry as this is not required for completion of the course.
- Please read the Course Overview and associated materials
- If your question is not answered, please contact us using this form.