As a Productivity Consultant, your client is often working as a leader or member of a team. In order to be effective, you will need to help your client employ team-centric strategies in order to impact change. Whether the issue is managing the dynamics of shifting internal roles, complex external factors, unfocused schedules or challenging collaborations, your client needs you to help them be more productive. Team members come in many forms- Productivity Consultant and client, an employee of a corporate group or even a solopreneur working with virtual contractors. This track will build your expertise in working with clients who strive to boost their individual productivity and successfully contribute to goal achievement for their whole team.
- The Core classes focus on factors affecting managing business aspects like planning, staffing, and business issues and productivity including project and team management.
- The Client Interaction classes focus on ways in which you inter-personally relate to your clients through recognition and boundaries and help you to connect with your clients to provide a teaching environment.
- The Skills classes offer a variety of subjects to sharpen already present skill sets or to add new tools to your toolbox to expand your marketability for helping business clients remain relevant in a demanding professional environment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you have completed the courses for a NAPO Specialist Certificate, you hold a certificate but you are not “certified” and may not describe yourself as such.
You must be a NAPO Professional Member to obtain a Specialist Certificate.
You must complete a minimum of eight (8) courses in the following:
Core Courses (Minimum of 2)
- OD 3-312 Optimized Team Productivity: Principles of Effective Leadership
- OD 3-313 Optimized Team Productivity: Workplace Processes, Systems, and Tools
OD 3-314 Project Management & Team Productivity
- OD 3-315 Lead From Within: Working Effectively Within a Team
OD 3-316 Time Planning to Enhance Team Productivity
OD 3-317 Successful Technology Assessment & Implementation
OD 4-430 Boost Productivity Using Creative Problem-Solving
- OD 3-301 Transference of Organizational Skills
- OD 3-303 Understanding Learning and Thinking Style
- OD 4-401 The Magic of Motivating
- OD 4-403 Managing Client Expectations
- OD 4-424 When Communication Works: How to Communicate Effectively with Clients
- OD 4-426 Transform Your Client Relationship: An Introduction to Coaching
Skills Courses (Minimum of 4)
- OD2-201 Running a Successful Business with Employees
- CR1-626 Down With Digital Clutter
- CR2-220 Spotlight Consulting Interactive:Business Consulting in Action
- CR2-221 Growing Your Organizing Business with the Team Approach
- CR2-225 How To Prioritize When Everything's Important
- CR4-409 The Third Factor: The Mindset for High Performance Leadership
- CR4-411 The POWER to say NO so you can say YES to what matters
- CR4-416 Finding Flow: Understanding Your Client’s Style Preference
- CR4-616 Evernote: Evernote for Work, Step by Step
- CR4-654 Busily Unproductive
- CR4-659 Leadership 101
- CR4-673 Goodbye Work-Life Balance. Hello Better Boundaries!
- CR4-675 Cultivating Creative Space with Vision Boards
- CR4-691 Leveraging Your Personality for Maximum Productivity: The 4 Productivity Personality Types
- CR4-692 Get Acquainted with Office 365
- CR4-701 The Prequel to Time Management and Productivity: Uncovering the Obstacles to Conquer What Gets in Your Way
- CR4-706 Project Management: One More Tool in Your Productivity Tool Belt
- CR4-711 Behavioral Time Mastery: The WHY and the HOW of Time Management Consulting
Additional Course Information
- Some courses are listed in multiple Specialist Certificate tracks. Two of the courses may be applied to no more than two tracks.
- To qualify, courses must have been taken within a 2-year window, prior to submitting your NAPO Specialist Certificate application.
Applying for Your Certificate
To Obtain Your Certificate
- Complete the required specialist certificate courses
- Complete the NAPO Specialist Certificate application located below.
- You must be a Professional Member in good standing at the time of application.
Your application will be reviewed. If the NAPO Specialist Certificate requirements are met, you will be sent your NAPO Specialist Certificate digital web badge from NAPO Digital Badging.
NAPO Digital Badging
What is a Digital Badge?A digital badge is a validated indicator of accomplishment, skill, quality, or interest that can be earned in many learning environments.* NAPO issues digital badges to Specialist Certificate holders and CPOs to make it easier for you to provide validation of earned certificates and credentials to your clients and colleagues.
In order to make your clients aware of your specialized education and/or CPO status, these digital badges can be shared via digital media platforms, as part of your email signature, or on your website. When someone clicks on the badge image, the link will bring them to your personal validation page on the NAPO Digital Badging website which provides official confirmation of your certificate status.
* Click here for more information on Digital Badging