Instructor: Amanda Jefferson
Total Time: 1.5 hours
Conference Year: 2019
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, by Marie Kondo, has stirred up significant interest and debate in our society and our profession. NAPO’s Greater Philadelphia chapter is home to one of the world's first certified KonMari consultants: Amanda Jefferson. Amanda will introduce the fundamentals of the KonMari Method discuss when and with whom the method works best, and help us identify how we might incorporate KonMari key lessons into our client work.
After attending the session, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the fundamentals of the KonMari Method(TM)
- Note key similarities and differences between this method and other residential organizing methods
- Describe the ideal client for the method
- State situations in which the method is NOT the right first step
- Incorporate key elements of the method into their own organizing practice
Please be sure to listen for and record the code words given during the presentation. The instructor will explicitly verbalize code words periodically throughout the class (i.e. "The first code word is...") Note: Not all instructors give code words. If you do not hear any, please indicate "none given" on the course evaluation.