Instructors: Gayle Gruenburg & Panel
Total Time: 1.5 hours
Conference Year: 2019
If you’re a professional organizer, chances are excellent that you will at some point work with clients who are chronically disorganized. They may have a brain-based challenge, like ADHD, a mental health issue, like bipolar disorder, or a disability, like a traumatic brain injury or autism. This panel discussion will present client challenge examples, concrete solutions used, and the results of those techniques.
After this session, participants should be able to
- Understand what chronic disorganization is
- Identify the characteristics of a chronically disorganized client and what challenges s/he may be facing
- Begin to explore using unique and out-of-the-box organizing techniques when working with CD clients
- Identify ways to support clients in trusting their own resourcefulness and resilience
- Turn to resources on chronic disorganization for further learning
Please be sure to listen for and record the code words given during the presentation. The instructor will explicitly verbalize code words periodically throughout the class (i.e. "The first code word is...") Note: Not all instructors give code words. If you do not hear any, please indicate "none given" on the course evaluation.