Instructor: Mindy Godding
Total Time: 4 hours
This course covers the "whys" and "how" of conducting a needs assessment, from the in-home consultation to constructing an action plan. A needs assessment is a systematic review of your client's current organizational situation and discussion of desired results. New and veteran organizers will learn the importance of conducting this assessment as a critical first step in successful client/organizer relationships. Participants will also learn useful skills and communication and presentation techniques. Additionally, discussion will be held on different types of assessment methods and possible compensation strategies.
2. Identify diagnostic areas every assessment should cover.
3. Determine how to charge for the assessment process.
4. Assess the use of forms and tools to complete an assessment and action plan, including the possibility of purchasing forms.
5. Apply multiple skills to conduct a successful assessment.
6. Suggest additional organizing services when appropriate.
7. Identify organizer limitations and offer client additional/ alternative resources, if necessary.
8. Initiate successful client follow up.
This class requires passing a brief knowledge check in order to obtain the Certificate of Completion.
We suggest completing the following course prior to starting OD2-208.