Feeling frustrated in your attempts to help compulsive buying clients? Want to feel more competent and confident with them? This workshop will give you the tools! During our time together, I'll provide you with all the information you need to effectively help your overshopping clients. You'll learn what compulsive buying is, how to assess if a client is a compulsive buyer as well as how, when, and whether to intervene with an overshopping client. We'll talk about typical reactions that compulsive buyers evoke in us and general principles regarding intervention. You'll learn specific tools, techniques, and strategies that you can use immediately. I'll also address how to determine if a client needs additional targeted help, and where to find those resources.
- Define compulsive buying, and be able to identify and assess it
- Determine when, whether, and how to intervene with a compulsive buying client
- Use several highly effective techniques with compulsive buying clients
- Evaluate whether a client who buys compulsively needs additional professional help
- Help clients to access a variety of relevant resources