When we are able to say ‘NO’ to those people, tasks, ideas and things that are counterproductive to our goals, we gain the time, energy, clarity and money to say ‘YES’ to what really matters. This session explores the benefits of just saying ‘NO,’ and provides strategies to help make it easier. This is a critical skill not only for yourself but to both model and share with employees and clients, to help them be more realistic and focused in their thinking, relationships, and actions, and more successful at achieving their organizing goals and work/home/self-care balance.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the value--and importance--of saying ‘NO’ to those ideas, tasks, things, and people that sap their personal resources (whether time, money, or energy)
- Become more aware of the hidden costs and consequences of saying ‘YES’
- Be better able to make conscious choices as to how to spend/NOT available resources, and be able to communicate these concepts to clients
- Learn strategies for saying ‘NO’ to themselves (to stay focused on accomplishing critical tasks and achieving goals) and to others (setting boundaries)--knowledge that can be modeled for clients
- Gain skills to help their clients learn to say ‘NO’ to thoughts, actions, time commitments, and possessions that negatively affect their organizing and life goals, includin nurturing the ability to let go of belongings and avoid accumulating things
- Learn critical distinctions to share with clients, including Selfish vs. Self-Care and Ownership vs. Concern, and reframe the value of saying ‘NO’ from the perspective of abundance (gain), not scarcity (loss)