Ready to dive deeper into the residential world of organizing? The Residential Organizing track will strengthen your foundation in residential organizing by means of three basic class divisions. Choosing classes from each division will equip the residential organizer with a well-rounded diversity of knowledge:
- The Core classes focus on factors effecting the development and management of your business.
- The Client Interaction classes focus on ways in which you inter-personally relate to your clients through recognition and boundaries and help you to connect with your clients to provide a teaching environment.
- The Skills classes offer a variety of subjects to sharpen already present skill-sets or to add new tools to your toolbox to expand your marketability.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you have completed the courses for a NAPO Specialist Certificate, you hold a certificate but you are not “certified” and may not describe yourself as such.
You must be a NAPO Professional Member to obtain a Specialist Certificate.
You must complete a minimum of eight (8) courses in the following:
Core Courses (Minimum of 2)
Client Interaction Courses (Minimum of 2)
- OD 3-301 Transference of Organizational Skill
- OD 3-303 Understanding Learning and Thinking Styles
- OD 4-401 The Magic of Motivating
- OD 4-403 Managing Client Expectations
- OD 4-424 When Communication Works: How to Communicate Effectively with Clients
- OD 4-426 Transform Your Client Relationships: An Introduction to Coaching
Skills Courses (Minimum of 4)
- OD 1-107 Eliminating Excess
- OD 1-108 Less is More: Maximizing Small Residential Spaces
- OD 1-109 Photo Organizing
- CR 1-113 Smart Space Design
- CR 1-116 Organized Solutions for Overwhelmed Families
- OD 2-202 Paper Management Systems for Residential Clients
- OD 2-204 Organizing Digital Information
- OD 2-205 Organizing – Eyes Toward Redesign
- OD 2-209 Home Inventories
- CR 2-211 The Chronic-ness of Chronic Disorganization
- CR 2-221 Grow Your Organizing Business with the Team Approach
- CR 3-304 Still Someone: Organizing Older Adults with Memory Loss
- CR 3-305 Booming Your Baby Boomer Business
- CR 4-407 How Organizers Engage Students
- CR 4-408 ADHD in the Family: How to Really Help
- CR 4-421 Beyond the Label Maker: Tools of the Trade
Additional Course Information
- Some courses are listed in multiple Specialist Certificate tracks. Two of the courses may be applied to no more than two tracks.
- To qualify, courses must have been taken within a 2-year window, prior to submitting your NAPO Specialist Certificate application.
Applying for Your Certificate
To Obtain Your Certificate
- Complete the required specialist certificate courses
- Complete the NAPO Specialist Certificate application located below.
- You must be a Professional Member in good standing at the time of application.
Your application will be reviewed. If the NAPO Specialist Certificate requirements are met, you will be sent your NAPO Specialist Certificate digital web badge from NAPO Digital Badging.
NAPO Digital Badging
What is a Digital Badge?A digital badge is a validated indicator of accomplishment, skill, quality, or interest that can be earned in many learning environments.* NAPO issues digital badges to Specialist Certificate holders and CPOs to make it easier for you to provide validation of earned certificates and credentials to your clients and colleagues.
In order to make your clients aware of your specialized education and/or CPO status, these digital badges can be shared via digital media platforms, as part of your email signature, or on your website. When someone clicks on the badge image, the link will bring them to your personal validation page on the NAPO Digital Badging website which provides official confirmation of your certificate status.
* Click here for more information on Digital Badging