Ready to dive deeper into the residential world of organizing? The Residential Organizing track will strengthen your foundation in residential organizing by means of three basic class divisions. Choosing classes from each division will equip the residential organizer with a well-rounded diversity of knowledge:
- The Core classes focus on factors affecting the development and management of your business.
- The Client Interaction classes focus on ways in which you interpersonally relate to your clients through recognition and boundaries and help you to connect with your clients to provide a teaching environment.
- The Skills classes offer a variety of subjects to sharpen already present skill-sets or to add new tools to your toolbox to expand your marketability.
- Two Core Courses
- Two Client Interaction Courses
- Four Skills Courses
- 107 Eliminating Excess(Live) (On-Demand)
- 108 Less is More: Maximizing Small Residential Spaces
- 109 Photo Organizing
- 202 Paper Management Systems for Residential Clients
- 204 Organizing Digital Information
- 205 Organizing – Eyes Toward Redesign
- 209 Home Inventories
- 211 The Chronic-ness of Chronic Disorganization
- 304 Still Someone: Organizing Older Adults with Memory Loss
- 305 Booming Your Baby Boomer Business
- 407 How Organizers Engage Students
- 408 ADHD in the Family: How to Really Help
- Some courses are listed in both the Workplace Productivity and Residential Organizing Specialist Certificates. Two of the courses may be applied to both the Workplace Productivity and Residential Organizing tracks.
- To qualify, courses must have been taken within a 2-year window, prior to submitting your NAPO Specialist Certificate application.*
Applying for your Certificate
Upon completion of the required specialist certificate courses, you can apply for the NAPO Specialist Certificate:
- Complete the NAPO Specialist Certificate application located below.
- You must be a Professional Member in good standing at the time of application.
Your application will be reviewed. If the NAPO Specialist Certificate requirements are met, you will be sent your NAPO Specialist Certificate digital web badge within 14 days of receipt of your application. Please note that your completed application for the NAPO Specialist Certificate is subject to detailed audit.
You may remember, we offered a special Introductory-Roll Out period in which members could apply for a Specialist Certificate and use classes they had previously completed at any point in their professional development. Now that that period has ended, all applicants for Specialist Certificates are required to have completed their Specialist Certificate classes within the two years prior to submitting their application. For example, if you submit your application on February 1, 2017, you are certifying that the classes you chose on your application were completed between February 1, 2015 and February 1, 2017 and not outside of that window. Most of our NAPO Specialist Certificate classes are offered on-demand, and with the new NAPO University site and bundles like Passion for Learning, they are easier than ever to afford and access.
All classes have to be completed and documented through NAPO University.
Any conference recording that goes back beyond two years no longer counts because there was a 90 day grace period to use them. When someone applies for a Specialist Track from this point going forward, their classes have to all have been taken in a two year period and have to be done and documented through NAPO University.
Still have questions? Click here for more answers to Frequently Asked Questions!
Note: In the attached Tracking Worksheet, you're instructed to add code words. Not all classes contain code words, but most of them do. Feel free to leave blank those classes which do not have code words.