Have you been wondering where to learn the basics of how to manage the organizing process with your clients? Look no further! The Essentials of Organizing Collection provides training in six foundational domains of the Professional Organizing process: Preliminary Communication, Assessment, Project Plan Development, Project Implementation, Follow Up and Maintenance, and Legal and Ethical Responsibilities.
These courses will help you visualize the flow of your work with clients and provide a framework to follow as you build your confidence in organizing. The six domains covered are aligned with the Certified Professional Organizer (CPO) Exam Content as well, so the Essentials of Organizing Collection can serve a dual purpose and also be the first step on your journey to CPO certification!
Total Time: 14 hours
What You'll Learn
Participants will learn skills in six foundational domains of the Professional Organizing process: Preliminary Communication, Assessment, Project Plan Development, Project Implementation, Follow Up and Maintenance, and Legal and Ethical Responsibilities.
Upon completion, the participant will be able to:
- Conduct a needs assessment with their potential client.
- Discuss goals and expectations with their client.
- Develop a project plan that incorporates objectives, timelines, costs, and client expectations.
- Implement the project plan and make corrections, as needed.
- Establish a follow-up and maintenance plan for their client, that will keep them on track and moving forward.
- Adhere to all legal and ethical responsibilities, as a professional and as a NAPO member.
- Project Management for Professional Organizers & Productivity Consultants (OD2-206)
- Client Intake Interviews (OD2-207)
- Needs Assessment & Action Plan (OD2-208)
- Transference of Organizational Skills (OD3-301)
- Safety in the Organizing Environment (OD4-402)
- Managing Client Expectations (OD4-403)