The Brain-Based Conditions Specialist Certificate will help Professional Organizers and Productivity Consultants develop a foundational knowledge for working with clients experiencing symptoms or having diagnoses of brain based conditions. NAPO Education's Team of Experts has defined a brain-based condition (BBC) as anything that causes a person to have ongoing difficulty or challenging differences with cognition, emotion, socialization, or behavior.
Total Time: 16 hours
What You'll Learn
The participant will gain the knowledge, skills, and understanding of how to work with clients with Brain-Based Conditions.
Upon completion, the participant will be able to:
- Explain the ethics and boundaries of competence of the Professional Organizer or Productivity Consultant working with clients living with BBCs.
- Identify physical, mental, emotional, and environmental challenges that may impact daily living.
- Identify behaviors and symptoms the client may be living with and potential stigmas associated with those symptoms and conditions.
- Develop a working vocabulary, definitions, and terminology.
- Use "person-first" language and empowering strategies to talk with clients about symptoms and conditions."
- Ethics and Policies for Working with Clients with Brain-Based Conditions
- Beyond Awareness: Understanding Complex Conditions in Your Clients
- Effective Strategies For Organizing Children With Brain-Based Conditions
- Communicating with Clients Who Exhibit Emotional Difficulties
- Working Smart Together: Preparing for Conversations with Clients Living with Diagnoses
- It's a No-Brainer! Understanding the Brain's Impact on Organizing Abilities
In order to earn a NAPO Specialist Certificate, you must be a NAPO Professional Member in good standing. All new NAPO members start at Provisional membership status. To upgrade to Professional Membership status, you must complete Going Pro: The Professional Practices Courses.