Life transitions are challenging because they force us to let go of the familiar and face the future with a feeling of vulnerability. Whether positive or negative, life transitions can force us to adjust to new ways of living, being and working. Dealing with life transitions can be quite challenging. This certificate is designed to develop your ability to develop strategies for clients to face these challenges, either at home or work.
Total Time: 15 hours
What You'll Learn
The Professional will develop specialized knowledge and skills to successfully help clients navigate from one chapter of life to the next.
Upon completion, the participant will be able to:
- Describe and recognize life events and the life cycles that cause expected / unexpected change in the human experience.
- Develop and implement change strategies that address the client’s past and present challenges and prepare for their future.
- Develop action plans that successfully guide clients through the transition’s(s’) milestones.
- Define and apply personalized solutions that set clients up for success in their next life chapter.
- Provide client services that address temporal or permanent change and/or loss in health and life.
- Provide techniques, solutions, and tools that enable clients to successfully and healthfully address the change(s) associated with the life transition, and to adapt to what they need and want for their next chapter.
- Understanding and Navigating Life Transitions
- Organized Transitions: Project Management for Life's Milestones
- Organizing for Life's Unexpected Curveballs
- Transform Your Client Relationships: An Introduction to Coaching
- Graduating into Adulthood: Springboarding to Independence
- Life After 40: Finding a New Focus for the Future
- Still Someone: Organizing Older Adults with Memory Loss
- Empower the Grieving Client to Organize with Joy
In order to earn a NAPO Specialist Certificate, you must be a NAPO Professional Member in good standing. All new NAPO members start at Provisional membership status. To upgrade to Professional Membership status, you must complete Going Pro: The Professional Practices Courses.