We are often given deep and personal access to our clients and the mechanics of their lives. We have a unique opportunity to engage our clients in important conversations, and encourage them to be prepared should the unexpected happens: a sudden medical event, emergency evacuation, or the death of a loved one. We will discuss a range of practicalities: from the familiar legal documentation, to the often overlooked financial side of automatic payments and recurring subscriptions, to the intricacies of social media and our online footprint. In addition, for business owners we will cover tips on how to create a plan for business continuity or closure. Organizers/Productivity Consultants will gain tools and learn about resources to become valuable assets to their clients.
2. Acquire a basic understanding of estate planning, and the traditional legal, financial and medical documents that will be encountered (wills, trusts, power of attorney, advanced medical directives, insurance), who should have access and know where they can be found.
3. Learn to find the "invisible threads" that are tied to so much of our lives such as online banking, social media, recurring subscriptions, and what questions to ask our clients in the process.
4. Understand the storage options available: paper, hard drive/local drive, cloud based. Helping client understand the benefits/challenges of each and how they align with client comfort levels.
5. Develop systems to document, store, and share this information in a structured way.
6. Learn ways to maintain client engagement and demonstrate value through piece of mind and ease in everyday life.
7. Able to define scope of expertise and when appropriate to engage others in the client's team.
8. Questions Professional organizers and Productivity Consultants should ask themselves before offering these types of services so they have appropriate business protections in place.
Instructor: Annette Adamska
Total Time: 2 hours
Please be sure to listen for and record the code words given during the presentation. The instructor will explicitly verbalize code words periodically throughout the class (i.e. "The first code word is...") Note: Not all instructors give code words. If you do not hear any, please indicate "none given" on the course evaluation.