You can download a PDF handout of the presentation under the RESOURCES tab above.
Whether you outsource payroll or run it in-house using an Intuit subscription, payroll is the key to getting labor costs in your job cost reports. Since labor is without a doubt the hardest cost to estimate, track, and analyze, learning how to leverage standard QuickBooks labor-related reports can be both an illuminating and useful means of identifying and reducing slippage and improving estimating. This webinar will include the following topics:
- Identifying WHAT you want to track – how much detail is “right” for you?
- Calculating burdened cost per billable hour
- Getting burdened labor cost figures into job cost reports using a payroll subscription
- Getting burdened labor cost figures into job cost reports using outsourced payroll
- Reporting estimated vs. actual hours of labor per job, per task
- Reporting estimated vs. actual dollars of labor cost per job, per task
- Tweaking standard reports to show percentages of time spent on specific tasks, as well as employee utilization rate
- Using time-based reports to identify needed skillsets (for your next hire)