This presentation will provide a self-paced challenging cerebral
aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage case study including: overview of cerebral
aneurysms, assessment and diagnosis, initial management, general measures,
treatment and management of complications due to aneurysmal subarachnoid
- Understand and discuss an overview of aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Describe the assessment and diagnosis of aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Explore the initial management of aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Review the general nursing measures in caring for patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Identify a variety of treatments and management strategies for complications secondary to aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Christina Watford, BSN, RN, CCRN Critical Care Clinical Nurse Educator, Novant Health, Winston-Salem, NC
- Briana Witherspoon, DNP, ACNP-BC Director of Advanced Practice, Neuroscience Patient Care Center, Neurocritical Care Nurse Practitioner, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
- Cynthia Bautista, PhD, APRN, FNCS Associate Professor, Egan School of Nursing & Health Studies, Fairfield University, Fairfield, CT
Click below to download the PowerPoint and begin the case study. Of note: you will need to click the "slide show" tab and select the "from beginning" button to begin the presentation.
Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Nursing Self-Paced Case Study