Welcome to the Neurocritical Care Society's Advanced Practice Provider Orientation Course!
The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) Orientation Course is a resource designed for APPs and healthcare professionals working in the field of neurocritical care. It includes organized resources covering a wide variety of foundational content (neuroanatomy, neuroradiology, and the in-depth neurological examination) as well as disease-specific content for an array of diagnoses encountered in Neurocritical Care. Each topic outlines required foundational content as well as suggested resources for APPs looking for a deeper understanding on neurocritical care content.
The Orientation Course includes:
- A copy of The Pocket Guide to Neurocritical Care
- Relevant Emergency Neurological Life Support (ENLS) content with the option to purchase the full ENLS course which includes 15 Continuing Education units
- A subscription to Neurocritical Care ON CALL
- The APP Neuroanatomy Webinar Series
- Relevant Pharmacotherapy of Neurocritical Care Series (PONS) content
- And much more!
The APP Orientation Course serves as an ideal resource to build basic knowledge for an Advanced Practice Provider new to the field, those who desire a refresher course, or for a clinician new to neurocritical care.
This course is comprised of 25 sections that include review materials covering:
2. Critical Care Foundations and Neurocritical Care Skills
3. Pathology and Disease in Neurocritical Care
4. Recommended Procedures in the Neurocritical Care Environment
Click here to view the full course outline.
Each section includes mandatory review items and optional materials. To earn a certificate of completion for this course, all mandatory items and the course evaluation must be reviewed and completed.
The Advance Practice Provider Orientation Course is Offered in 4 different bundle options to accommodate the various needs of participants in the course. For a full description of what is included in each bundle, please reference the graphic below.
**Once payment is submitted, the purchaser will receive an access code and instructions for distribution to their group within 48 business hours.
**The purchase of this orientation course grants users access to the content and materials for a period of one year
***The purchase of this orientation course includes a one-year subscription to Neurocritical Care ON CALL. Instructions on how to activate will be given in your purchase confirmation email.
Please click here to view the NCS Legal Disclaimer for the Advanced Practice Provider Orientation Course.