The webinar presents newly developed steel curtain wall systems being used for special applications, providing larger spans and larger lites than conventional aluminum systems. Comparing the two systems, the webinar presents two different steel systems, how they meet specified criteria for air, water, and structural performance. Applications are reviewed, the aesthetic and performance conditions are summarized, as well as the practicality of using these systems as structural steel framing in lieu of conventional practices.
- Gain an understanding of the available options for curtain wall design.
- Identify the advantages of steel in modern curtain wall systems.
- Identify different types of steel curtain wall systems.
- Learn how steel curtain wall systems can be used as an alternative to standard structural steel systems, and the implications for coordination to execute that work.
- Course will award 1.5 hours of continuing education
- This course is Diamond Review approved in 49 states. New York does not accept hours from recordings.