have taken many different financial management, project management, and
business courses developed for architects and engineers (A/Es). I also spent a
couple years of nights and weekends obtaining my MBA. During this time, I realized that many of the A/E business courses currently
available fall short in a couple ways.
- They didn't provide enough knowledge of the principles of accounting and finance. They concentrated on "what" to do instead of "why" to do it.
- Their format was not designed around the student's busy schedule. They were often structured as workshops, boot camps or webinars on a set schedule.
So, I designed this course to provide students with the background knowledge of accounting and finance they need to understand why certain decisions drive financial success. I also designed this course to be consumed on the student's time and at their pace in short modules that can be completed as their busy schedules allow.
By the end of this comprehensive course, students will gain the knowledge they need to be confident in A/E firm financial management. They will be able to make better business decisions, communicate more effectively, and help their business be more successful.
In this detailed course, you will learn the following, all tailored to A/E firms:
- Accounting basics
- Finance basics
- Reading and interpreting financial statements
- Principles of financial management
- Measures to help you effectively manage your business
- Principles of cost accounting
- How to use the concepts of finance and the balance sheet to help make business decisions
- And more
This course is for you if:
- You want to have a better understanding of how to read and interpret your firm's financial information.
- You want to build true business acumen by gaining a deeper understanding of accounting and finance for A/E firms.
- You want to communicate more effectively and make better business decisions in your current position (and be ready for your next) by understanding why decisions drive financial success.
- You are a project manager or senior technical staff with a desire to learn more about firm finances and how they are managed.
- You are a principal or manager that wants to help your business grow and succeed.