The NCSEA wind engineering committee has collected the most frequently asked questions of the past five years.
This session will go through answers to these frequently asked questions. Topics will include:
• Wind loads on balcony handrails,
• Shielding and buildings with expansion joints,
• Drift limits and serviceability under wind loads,
• Wind loads on rooftop screen walls,
• Wind loads on temporary structures,
• The reason ASCE 7 wind loads are now at ultimate levels, along with three maps instead of one,
• Difference between 3-second gust and fastest-mile wind speed,
• Relation between ASCE 7 wind speeds and hurricane categories,
This session will discuss these frequently encountered situations and how to use current research and codes to address these designs safely and efficiently.
- Course will award 1.5 hours of continuing education
- This course is Diamond Review approved in 49 states. New York does not accept hours from recordings.