This presentation provides a brief overview of the relationship among public health, environmental issues and the growing importance of operation and maintenance.It will discuss the best standards of practice for service visits to onsite wastewater treatment systems.It will include a discussion about the importance of proper sampling, contracts and repairs in accordance with manufactures requirements.
- Describe lab chain of custody requirements
- Discuss the negative impacts of improper wastewater treatment
- Explain the benefits of a good contract
This presentation will describe the varying contaminants present in wastewater, the negative affect they have when not properly treated and the laboratory measure used to quantify them.It will also discuss how household and commercial practices affect the characteristics.
- Identify typical wastewater levels for organic material, nitrogen, bacteria and viruses at various stages in the treatment process
- Discuss how conventional and alternative systems reduce the contaminants in wastewater
This presentation was recorded at an OOWA training event in November 2019. It is approved by the Ohio Department of Health for 1-3/4 hr. CEUs for Ohio STS contractors (CEUs good for registration for the calendar year following completion of the course) & for Ohio sanitarians (approval good through December 22, 2021). For others, please confirm this OOWA course is approved by your certification body. Refunds will NOT be issued for those mistakenly taking the course.
While taking the class, for Technical Support call (888) 705-6002 (8 am - 8 pm EST) or email email@example.com.
OOWA & NOWRA members save $