This presentation discusses hard to treat and high
strength wastewater applications.Residential systems can be impacted by medications, cleaning products
and even high efficiency furnaces.Onsite systems used for non-residential high strength
waste (HSW) applications which can encounter significantly different usage
patterns, waste strength and waste stream characteristics. An overview of key
wastewater parameters will be discussed as well as solutions. This presentation will also focus on a study funded by
the Water Research Foundation evaluating water use from over 23 utilities and
over 1,000 homes showing a 23% reduction in water use since 1999.The primary sources for the reducation will
be discussed alongwith implications
with increased concentrations.Septic
system operation considerations will be highlighted.
- Describe how water usage has changed over the last 20 years
- Identify where in a home significant reduction is water usage can be obtained
- Discuss implications for septic system design and management
- Explain the difference between hydraulic and organic loading
- Discuss how design can vary when organic loading is considered
- Identify challenging water streams from commercial properties
This presentation was recorded at an OOWA training event in November 2019. It is approved by the Ohio Department of Health for 1-1/4 hr. CEUs for Ohio STS contractors (CEUs good for registration for the calendar year following completion of the course) & for Ohio sanitarians (approval good through December 22, 2021). For others, please confirm this OOWA course is approved by your certification body. Refunds will NOT be issued for those mistakenly taking the course.
While taking the class, for Technical Support call (888) 705-6002 (8 am - 8 pm EST) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
OOWA & NOWRA members save -- Join OOWA & pay the member price - to join go to https://www.ohioonsite.org/membership