J 21-01 Updates in Adult Female Acne
(NPWH Activity Number J-21-01)
Nicole L. Bort, MSN, AGNP-C, DCNP is a dermatology nurse practitioner and Director of the Nurse Practitioner Post-Graduate Training Program
Margaret A. Bobonich, DNP, FNP-C, DCNP, FAANP is a dermatology nurse practitioner at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Centers, Case Western Reserve University, in Cleveland, Ohio.
Target Audience This continuing education (CE) activity is designed to meet the educational needs of nurse practitioners and other healthcare providers who care for women.
Approval CE Approval Period: Now through February 28, 2023
Post-tests must be completed during the approval period with a passing score of 70% or higher to earn CE. No refunds will be issued if the activity is not completed within the approval period.
1.0 contact hour of CE credit, including 0.5 contact hour of pharmacology content.
- Discuss the four key pathogenic factors and potential triggers that contribute to adult acne.
- Describe the clinical presentation of mild, moderate, and severe classifications of acne.
- Describe indications, mechanism of action, efficacy, adverse effects, and contraindications for pharmacologic options in treating acne
Faculty DisclosuresNicole L. Bort, MSN, AGNP-C, DCNP has no actual or potential conflicts of interest in relation to this article.
Margaret A. Bobonich, DNP, FNP-C, DCNP, FAANP has no actual or potential conflicts of interest in relation to the contents of this article.
Successful Completion Requires participants to:
- Read the objectives, disclosures, and disclaimers.
- Watch the activity and review the handout.
- Complete the post-test with a score of 70% or higher.
- Complete the session evaluation.
- Print your CE certificate.
- Go to your profile to view all earned certificates.
Commercial Support This activity has no commercial support.