Module 3: Diagnostic Tests and Genetics
(NPWH Activity Number 22-06-03)
Beth Kelsey EdD, APRN, WHNP-BC, FAANP
Director of Publications, National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health, Washington DC
Editor in Chief, Women’s Healthcare: A Clinical Journal for NPs
Target Audience New graduate women’s health nurse practitioners (WHNPs), and other nurse practitioners involved in women’s and gender related healthcare.
Approval CE Approval Period: CE Approval Period: April 4, 2022, through April 4, 2025
Post-tests must be completed during the approval period with a passing score of 70% or higher to earn CE. No refunds will be issued if the activity is not completed within the approval period.
This activity has been approved for 1.25 continuing education contact hours
- Explain indications and interpretation of findings of select diagnostic tests.
- Describe basic principles of genetic testing.
- Discuss basic patterns of genetic inheritance.
- Common screening: blood and urine tests.
- Genetics overview: Please note this does not include prenatal care genetics
Accreditation Statement This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health (NPWH) for 1.25 continuing education contact hours.
Faculty DisclosuresBeth Kelsey EdD, APRN, WHNP-BC, FAANP has the following disclosure - receives royalties from Jones and Bartlett Learning.
Successful Completion Requires participants to:
- Read the objectives, disclosures, and disclaimers.
- Watch the activity and review the handout.
- Complete the post-test with a score of 70% or higher.
- Complete the session evaluation.
- Print your CE certificate.
- Go to your profile to view all earned certificates.
Commercial Support This activity has no commercial support.