Module 5: Normal GYN 2
(NPWH Activity Number 22-06-05)
Monica Philipp MSN, APRN, ANP-BC, WHNP-BC
Lecturer, Yale School of Nursing
New Haven, Connecticut
Target Audience New graduate women’s health nurse practitioners (WHNPs), and other nurse practitioners involved in women’s and gender related healthcare.
Approval CE Approval Period: April 4, 2022, through April 4, 2025
Post-tests must be completed during the approval period with a passing score of 70% or higher to earn CE. No refunds will be issued if the activity is not completed within the approval period.
This activity has been approved for 3.0 continuing education contact hours
- Explain efficacy, safety, mechanisms of action, and initial / follow-up / side effect management for contraceptive methods
- Discuss concepts related to pregnancy testing and unintended pregnancy options counseling
- Describe medication and surgical abortion procedures and follow-up
1. Contraceptive Options: Choosing the right method. Safety, efficacy, initiation, and follow up. Combination Hormonal Contraception (CHC) pills, patch, vaginal ring; Progestin-only pills (POP), Depo medroxyprogesterone acetate (DMPA) shot, Copper IUD, Levonogestrel IUD, Progestin only implant (Nexplanon), Vasectomy, Bilateral tubal sterilization, Condoms, Diaphragm, Cervical cap, Sponge, Spermicide, Phexxi gel, Coitus interruptus, Fertility Awareness Methods .
2. Emergency contraception: ulipristal acetate pill, levonorgestrel pills, copper IUD.
3. Unintended pregnancy and abortion care: review of options and care
Accreditation Statement This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health (NPWH) for 3.0 continuing education contact hours.
Monica Philipp MSN, APRN, ANP-BC, WHNP-BC has no disclosures to report
Successful Completion Requires participants to:
- Read the objectives, disclosures, and disclaimers.
- Watch the activity and review the handout.
- Complete the post-test with a score of 70% or higher.
- Complete the session evaluation.
- Print your CE certificate.
- Go to your profile to view all earned certificates.
Commercial Support This activity has no commercial support.