J 22-05 Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Diagnosis and Management
FacultyTerrie H. Platt, DNP, RN, WHNP-BC, NCMP
Assistant Professor at the University of South Alabama College of Nursing in Mobile.
Target Audience This continuing education (CE) activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of nurse practitioners and other clinicians who provide healthcare for reproductive age women.
Approval CE Approval Period: Now through October 31, 2024.
Post-tests must be completed during the approval period with a passing score of 70% or higher to earn CE. No refunds will be issued if the activity is not completed within the approval period.
This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health (NPWH) for 1.1.0 continuing education contact hours including 0.33 contact hours of pharmacology content.
- Identify clinical indicators, laboratory tests, and imaging studies helpful in the diagnosis of PCOS.
- Discuss common goals of management for the individual with PCOS.
- Describe indications, mechanism of action, efficacy, adverse events, and contraindication for pharmacologic options in treating PCOS.
Faculty DisclosuresTerrie H. Platt, DNP, RN, WHNP-BC, NCMP has no actual or potential conflicts of interest in relation to this article.
Successful Completion Requires participants to:
- Read the objectives, disclosures, and disclaimers.
- Watch the activity and review the handout.
- Complete the post-test with a score of 70% or higher.
- Complete the session evaluation.
- Print your CE certificate.
- Go to your profile to view all earned certificates.
Commercial Support This activity has no commercial support.