Reducing the Risk for Fracture in Postmenopausal Women A 2-Part Case-Based E-Newsletter Series Based on a Virtual Roundtable Discussion Among Three Experts Part 1
(NPWH Newsletter 22-14-01)
Nancy R. Berman MSN, ANP-BC, NCMP, FAANP
Adult Nurse Practitioner
Certified Menopause Practitioner
Millennium Affiliated Physicians
Division of Michigan Healthcare Professionals
Farmington Hills, MI
Laura Boineau, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC
Department of Orthopedics
Osteoporosis and Bone Health Clinic
Anne Lake, DNP, ONP-C, FNP-C, CCD
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Winston Salem, NC
Target AudienceWomen’s Health Nurse Practitioners, other advanced practice nurses and clinicians who manage healthcare of women across the lifespan.
Approval CE Approval Period: January 15, 2023, through January 15, 2024.
Post-tests must be completed during the approval period with a passing score of 70% or higher to earn CE. No refunds will be issued if the activity is not completed within the approval period.
This activity has been approved for 0.75 continuing education contact hours.
- Implement the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists guidelines to identify women at high and very high risk for fracture
- Develop strategies to improve adherence to pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic treatments that reduce the risk for fracture
- Monitor, review, and alter treatment strategies based on the individual patient’s fracture risk over time
Accreditation Statement This activity has been evaluated and approved by the Continuing Education Approval Program of the National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health (NPWH) for 0.75 contact hours.
Faculty Disclosures Ann Lake – has no reported disclosures
Laura Boineau has the following discloures- Speakers Bureaus: Amgen
Nancy Berman has the following disclosures - Consulting fees (spouse): Hologic
Fees for non-CME services (self, spouse): Myovant, Dysis, Bayer
Successful Completion Requires participants to:
- Read the objectives, disclosures, and disclaimers.
- Watch the activity and review the handout.
- Complete the post-test with a score of 70% or higher.
- Complete the session evaluation.
- Print your CE certificate.
- Go to your profile to view all earned certificates.
This activity is supported by an educational grant provided by Amgen