Presented by: Tamara Grubb, DVM, PhD, DACVAAWhat's New in Anesthesia and Analgesia
No time to catch up on what’s new? In this presentation new anesthesia & analgesia drugs, techniques, equipment and pain scoring systems will be discussed.
- Understand the mechanisms of new drugs.
- Understand the utility of new equipment or techniques.
- Be prepared to incorporate new drugs, equipment or techniques into their practices.
Patients that present with comorbidities can be very dangerous to anesthetize. Appropriate stabilization, drug choice and physiologic support and monitoring will be covered.
- Understand the pathophysiology of various comorbidities.
- Understand the impact of specific anesthetic drugs/techniques on those comorbidities.
- Be prepared to safely anesthetize patients with comorbidities.