Have you heard about medical cannabis or cannabidol (CBD) as
a potential treatment option for people with epilepsy and wondered if it could
help your family? Do you want to learn
more about how families may gain access to this potential treatment option? Are you curious about the experiences of
families who have gained access? If so,
you don’t want to miss this webinar.
During this webinar Dr. Kelly Knupp review the existing research on the therapeutic effects and safety of cannabis. She will then discuss clinical studies on medical cannabis and what they have taught us. She will explain the potential risks associated with CBD use and the legal issues that have arisen in Colorado.
Our panelists will share personal experiences with CBD use, the realities of moving to a new state to gain access to this treatment option, how state and federal laws limit or allow access to this treatment option, the important role of research, and the process by which potential treatments gain Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval. Our panelists include
• Amy Brooks-Kayal, MD – Professor of Pediatrics and Neurology, CU School of Medicine and President of the American Epilepsy Society
• Angela Ostrom, Chief Operating Officer & Vice President of Public Policy for the Epilepsy Foundation
• Warren Lammert – Father of daughter with epilepsy and Chair, Epilepsy Foundation
• Nicole Vilas – Mother of son with Dravet
• Nicole Gross – Mother of son with epilepsy