Research is an important way to develop knowledge and tools to help military personnel throughout the course of their careers in areas such as training and fitness, psychological resilience, infectious disease prevention and treatment, trauma medicine, and rehabilitation. The imperative to advance the health and performance of service members must be fulfilled through ethical and compliant human subjects research. During this webinar, speakers from the Department of Defense (DOD) will introduce key regulatory requirements, specific population considerations, and best practices for including service members in research. Investigators will learn how to plan for successful research in this domain, and IRBs will gain an understanding of how to assess service member-centric protocols. (Presented on December 5, 2019)
- DOD-specific requirements for inclusion of service members in research protocols
- Service members as subjects: considering the needs of a unique population
- Planning for success: essential elements for protocols that include service members
- Q&A session
After attending this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Identify the specific regulations that apply to service members in human subjects research
- Recall requirements specific to DOD as well as ethical considerations for inclusion of service members in research
- Implement some practical strategies for planning and reviewing protocols that include service members
Who should attend?
This webinar will benefit IRB staff and members as well as investigators conducting research with service members. Attendees should familiarize themselves with DOD Instruction 3216.02 prior to attending this webinar.
Webinar participants holding the Certified IRB Professional (CIP®) credential may apply 1.25 continuing education credits towards CIP recertification. Learn More »
Access to purchased content will be available for 90 days after the date of purchase. After 90 days, access to the content will be removed, but users will retain access to any certificates of attendance earned. Content purchased prior to January 1, 2021 will remain available indefinitely. After access has expired, users can purchase an additional 90 days of access.
If you'd prefer a paper form, please click here. Please send the completed form to email@example.com.