Since postapproval monitoring (PAM) validates that research is being carried out in the manner that was originally approved by the IACUC, many institutions employ PAM as a self-auditing mechanism to check on compliance. A well-run PAM program, however, can also lead to improved animal welfare, science, and collaboration among departments in the animal care and use program. During this webinar, speakers will provide operational strategies for conducting PAM within a framework where PAM benefits institutional culture and program performance as a whole. Topics of discussion will include:
- History, function, purpose, and evolution of PAM
- Different models for structuring a PAM program, and tailoring these models to your institution’s needs
- Strategies and resources for conducting PAM
- PAM as an opportunity to promote education, transparency, and communication between researchers and the institution, and suggestions for how PAM staff contribute to this effort
- Potential solutions to common challenges encountered in PAM
What will I learn?
After attending this webinar, you will be able to:
- Describe the function and purpose of PAM
- Implement strategies for conducting PAM
- Understand PAM as an opportunity to promote education, transparency, and communication within your animal care and use program
Who should attend?
This webinar will benefit animal care and use professionals involved in conducting or overseeing PAM, which may include IACUC staff, IACUC members, compliance staff, veterinarians, or dedicated PAM staff.
Webinar participants holding the Certified Professional in IACUC Administration (CPIA®) credential may apply 1.5 continuing education credits towards CPIA recertification. Learn More »
Access to purchased content will be available for 90 days after the date of purchase. After 90 days, access to the content will be removed, but users will retain access to any certificates of attendance earned. Content purchased prior to January 1, 2021 will remain available indefinitely. After access has expired, users can purchase an additional 90 days of access.
If you'd prefer a paper form, please click here. Please send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.