The decision to transition from paper to electronic—or from one electronic system to another—requires a significant investment of time, money, and infrastructure, with the hope that a new system will provide a streamlined and improved protocol submission and review process. Frequently, however, old organizational practices and procedures persist after the new software is launched, preventing optimal utilization of the new system.
During a transition, it’s essential that institutions conduct a concurrent review and revision of existing policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs). Employing a strong SOP program—a system of creating and maintaining a unit’s SOPs and associated policies and procedures—is a critical step. While often overlooked, this can help ensure your organization’s internal readiness to incorporate a new system into daily operations, and contributes to a smooth and effective transition.
Presented by an animal program operations manager and an HRPP director, this webinar addresses important considerations for animal care and use and human subjects protections professionals who are switching to new electronic systems for research review. The following areas will be considered:
- Justification: How do you convince your leadership to incorporate SOP review as part of the overall implementation process? How can emerging professionals leverage their role in an SOP program to further their career?
- Scope: What defines a high-quality SOP program? What steps can you take to create one?
- Implementation: How can programs leverage the momentum of new system implementation to address process inefficiencies? How can teams communicate effectively during implementation? (Security concerns specific to human subjects research and research with animals will be considered.)
- Support: How can you incorporate ongoing training, evaluation, and staff collaboration to ensure success once a new electronic system is in place? What does ongoing maintenance of an SOP program entail?
What will I learn?
After attending this webinar, you will be able to:
- Employ strategies for ensuring a successful transition to a new electronic system in your human subjects protections or animal care and use program
- Describe the importance of implementing or revising SOPs with new electronic systems
- Identify the components of a robust SOP program
- Appreciate the benefits of maintaining an effective SOP program
Who should attend?
This webinar will benefit IACUC and IRB administrators, coordinators, managers, and directors who are responsible for implementing and maintaining electronic systems in their human research protection or animal care and use program. Speakers will address strategies and considerations specific to both animal care and use and human subjects protections professionals.
Webinar participants holding the Certified Professional in IACUC Administration (CPIA®) credential may apply 1.5 continuing education credits towards CPIA recertification. Learn More »
Webinar participants holding the Certified IRB Professional (CIP®) credential may apply 1.5 continuing education credits towards CIP recertification. Learn More »
Thank You to our Webinar Supporter!
HRP Consulting Group provides expert advice to institutions seeking to develop or improve all aspects of their human research protection program. For more information, please visit www.thehrpconsultinggroup.com.
Mention of commercial products, processes, or services on our website or in our email publications should not be construed as an endorsement or recommendation.
If you'd prefer a paper form, please click here. Please send the completed form to email@example.com.
Please note that this content is also part of a bundle. Click here to see the full bundle array.