The SARS-CoV-2 pandemic continues to impact the entire global research enterprise. All aspects of human subjects research protections programs are seeing challenges to their operations. The resulting environment for research oversight due to the global public health crisis will continue for a considerable period of time.
In this webinar, the presenters will focus on a number of critical areas of IRB operations during a pandemic, including (1) office operations, (2) review & meeting operations, (3) protocol initiation/modification/termination, etc., (4) protocol operations, and (5) examples of unethical conduct or scandals during the pandemic.
In addition to providing examples and caveats for some commonly identified issues, this webinar will include moderated breakout sessions for discussion of additional areas and brainstorming where problem-solving is needed. There will also be time for participant Q&A. (Presented on October 15, 2020)
This webinar will discuss the following topics:
- IRB operations under normal conditions
- IRB operations during a pandemic: What’s different?
- Scandals, deviations & unethical conduct
- Moderated breakout session and reporting back on best practices
After attending this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Identify, define, and prioritize areas in an HRPP where you currently have a significant impact during the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic.
- Apply existing regulations for IRBs to address some of the issues HRPPs face during a pandemic.
- Discuss examples and caveats for identified issues in the areas of Office Operations, Review/Meeting Operations, Protocol Initiation/Modification/Termination, and Protocol Operations.
- Create a list of identified needs and solution sets for issues HRPPs face during a pandemic.
This program is geared toward HRPP/IRB personnel and those working in research programs more broadly including HRPP/IRB directors, members, chairs; researchers and research staff; compliance personnel; institutional officials; legal counsel; subject advocates; federal agency representatives; industry personnel; and more.
Webinar participants holding the Certified IRB Professional (CIP®) credential may apply 1.5 continuing education credits towards CIP recertification. Learn More
We would like to thank our supporter!
We’d like to thank our supporter for this webinar, HRP Consulting Group.
HRP Consulting Group provides expert advice to institutions seeking to develop or improve all aspects of their human research protection program. For more information, please visit thehrpconsultinggroup.com.
Access to purchased content will be available for 30 days after the date of purchase. After 30 days, access to the content will be removed, but users will retain access to any certificates of attendance earned. Content purchased prior to January 1, 2021 will remain available indefinitely. After access has expired, users can purchase an additional 30 days of access.
If you'd prefer a paper form, please click here. Please send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.