Learn, discuss, and network with your colleagues and leaders in the field, sharpening your knowledge and skills as IRB administrators at PRIM&R’s IRB Administrator Mini Boot Camp. We first offered this virtual program in 2020, and since it was so successful, we’re bringing it back as part of our ongoing effort to offer excellent online learning opportunities.
The mini boot camp will blend didactic presentations with case studies, discussions, and practical, interactive learning. Opportunities for deeper learning, review, discussion, and networking with faculty and colleagues will be available between sessions to make the most of your experience. Attendees will have access to a platform for networking and discussion via the PRIM&R Online Community. More information about this will be available closer to the event.
Join us for one or both courses! Anyone attending both courses can add a one-year PRIM&R membership at no extra cost! Become a PRIM&R member before registering to take advantage of your first benefit – discounted registration!
Thank you to HRP Consulting Group for supporting this program! HRP Consulting Group provides expert advice to institutions seeking to develop or improve all aspects of their human research protection program. For more information, please visit thehrpconsultinggroup.com. HRP Consulting Group will be hosting their own Zoom office hours immediately following each main session of the boot camp--access information will be shared with attendees.
Over six weeks, two courses will be offered in six two-hour virtual sessions. The course will take place Tuesdays from 11 AM-1 PM Eastern on the following dates:
- Course 1: August 31, September 7, September 14
- Course 2: September 21, September 28, October 5
- Intersession 1: Friday, September 3, 11:00 AM-12:00 PM ET
- Intersession 2: Friday, September 10, 3:00-4:00 PM ET
- Intersession 1: Friday, September 24, 12:00-1:00 PM ET
- Intersession 2: Thursday, September 30, 4:00-5:00 PM ET
|Course 1: The IRB Administrator’s Role in the Life Cycle of Protocol Review||Course 2: Expanding Your IRB Administrator Skills|
|Offered during the first three sessions for new IRB administrators or as a refresher course||Will take place during the following three sessions, for more experienced administrators or as a follow-up to Course 1|
Who Should attend?
IRB administrators with at least one year of experience, or who have taken PRIM&R’s course Exploring the Common Rule: A Guide for Beginners should attend.
Who Should Attend?
IRB administrators with at least one year of experience (or who have taken PRIM&R’s course Exploring the Common Rule: A Guide for Beginners), and who have taken Course 1 of the boot camp.
- Nichelle Cobb, PhD: Senior Advisor for Strategic Initiatives, Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs, Inc. (AAHRPP)
- Susan Kornetsky, MPH: Senior Director, Clinical Research Compliance, Boston Children’s Hospital
- Nancy A. Olson, JD: IRB Administrator, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Ada Sue Selwitz, MA: Executive Integrity/Compliance Advisor; Center for Clinical & Translational Sciences; Office of the VP of Research, University of Kentucky
People who registered for PRIM&R’s Exploring the Common Rule: A Guide for Beginners course will receive a discount of $25 off each course of the boot camp, $50 off the full program. This course is now finished for 2021, so this discount only applies to those who attended it back in June.
|Course 1 only||Course 1 only w/ Beginner Course||Course 2 only||Course 2 only w/ Beginner Course||Both Courses||Both Courses w/ Beginner Course|
If you prefer a paper registration form, click here. Please send the filled out form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete the one-question attendee list survey—this is required before you can register for the event. If you wish to add membership, please process that first, then register or submit the paper form.