Learn, discuss, and network with your colleagues and leaders in the field, sharpening your knowledge and skills for those who administer IRBs with PRIM&R’s IRB Administrator Core Training. This is the updated version of our popular IRB Administrator Boot Camp, covering key topics and skills that all IRB administrators need in a comprehensive and engaging program.
Over six weeks, two courses will be offered in six two-hour virtual sessions, plus four one-hour Learning Labs (2 for each course):
- Course 1: The IRB Administrator’s Role in the Life Cycle of a Protocol Review, offered during the first three weeks, is for new IRB administrators or a refresher for those with more experience. This course examines roles and responsibilities for IRB administration, from submission to study close out, including what requires IRB oversight. Learning Labs explore topics such as how to network and working with regulations.
- Course 2: Expanding Your IRB Administration Skills, offered during the second three weeks, is for more experienced administrators, as a follow-up to Course 1, or a refresher course. This course will explore how to use the regulatory framework to answer day-to-day questions, address conflicting regulatory requirements, and provide hands on experience in developing effective minutes and standard operating procedures. Learning Labs cover topics like communication strategies and administrator skills.
Join us for one or both courses! Anyone attending both courses can add a one-year PRIM&R membership at no extra cost! Become a PRIM&R member before registering to take advantage of your first benefit – discounted registration!
Session Dates and Times:
Over six weeks, the 2022 program will include two courses offered in six two-hour virtual sessions, and four supplemental Learning Labs. The course will take place on the following dates:
Course 1: The IRB Administrator's Role in the Life Cycle of Protocol Review
Tuesday, August 30, 11:00 AM- 1:00 PM ET
Learning Lab 1: Friday, September 2, 1:00-2:00 PM ET
Tuesday, September 6, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM ET
Learning Lab 2: Friday, September 9, 1:00-2:00 PM ET
Tuesday, September 13, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Course 2: Expanding Your IRB Administrator Skills
Tuesday, September 20, 11:00 AM- 1:00 PM ET
Learning Lab 1: Friday, September 23, 1:00-2:00 PM ET
Tuesday, September 27, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM ET
Learning Lab 2: Friday, September 30, 1:00-2:00 PM ET
Tuesday, October 4, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
|Course 1: The IRB Administrator’s Role in the Life Cycle of Protocol Review||Course 2: Expanding Your IRB Administrator Skills|
|Offered during the first three sessions for new IRB administrators or as a refresher course||Will take place during the following three sessions, for more experienced administrators or as a follow-up to Course 1|
Who Should attend?
IRB administrators with at least one year of experience, or who have taken PRIM&R’s course Exploring the Common Rule: A Guide for Beginners should attend.
Who Should Attend?
IRB administrators with at least one year of experience (or who have taken PRIM&R’s course Exploring the Common Rule: A Guide for Beginners), and who have taken Course 1.
- Nichelle Cobb, PhD: Senior Advisor for Strategic Initiatives, Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs, Inc. (AAHRPP)
- Susan Kornetsky, MPH: Senior Director, Clinical Research Compliance, Boston Children’s Hospital
- Nancy A. Olson, JD: IRB Administrator, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Ada Sue Selwitz, MA: Executive Integrity/Compliance Advisor; Center for Clinical & Translational Sciences; Office of the VP of Research, University of Kentucky
People who attended PRIM&R’s Exploring the Common Rule: A Guide for Beginners course in March 2022 may receive a discount of $25 off each course or $50 off the full program.
|Course 1 only||Course 1 only w/ Exploring the Common Rule||Course 2 only||Course 2 only w/ Exploring the Common Rule||Both Courses||Both Courses w/ Exploring the Common Rule|
If you prefer a paper registration form,
click here. Please send the filled out form to email@example.com.
If you wish to add membership, please process that first, then register or submit the paper form.