Learn, discuss, and network with your colleagues and leaders in the field, sharpening your knowledge and skills for those who administer IRBs with PRIM&R’s IRB Administrator Core Training. This is the updated version of our popular IRB Administrator Boot Camp, covering key topics and skills that all IRB administrators need in a comprehensive and engaging program.
Over six weeks, two courses will be offered in six two-hour virtual sessions, plus four one-hour Learning Labs (2 for each course):
- Course 1: The IRB Administrator’s Role in the Life Cycle of a Protocol Review, offered during the first three weeks, is for new IRB administrators or a refresher for those with more experience. This course examines roles and responsibilities for IRB administration, from submission to study close out, including what requires IRB oversight. Learning Labs will provide an opportunity for a deeper dive on topics or practice applying some of the concepts presented.
- Course 2: Expanding Your IRB Administration Skills, offered during the second three weeks, is for more experienced administrators, as a follow-up to Course 1, or a refresher course. This course will explore how to use the regulatory framework to answer day-to-day questions, address conflicting regulatory requirements, and provide hands on experience in developing effective minutes and standard operating procedures. Learning Labs cover topics like communication strategies and administrator skills.
Join us for one or both courses! Become a PRIM&R member before registering to take advantage of your first benefit – discounted registration! The cost of a one-year membership plus the member rate for both courses is the same price as the member rate.
Session Dates and Times:
Over six weeks, the 2023 program will include two courses offered in six two-hour virtual sessions, and four supplemental Learning Labs. The course will take place on the following dates:
Course 1: The IRB Administrator's Role in the Life Cycle of Protocol Review
Wednesday, September 13, 11:00 AM- 1:00 PM ET
Learning Lab 1: Friday, September 15, 1:00-2:00 PM ET
Wednesday, September 20, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM ET
Learning Lab 2: Friday, September 22, 1:00-2:00 PM ET
Wednesday, September 27, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Course 2: Expanding Your IRB Administrator Skills
Wednesday, October 4, 11:00 AM- 1:00 PM ET
Learning Lab 1: Friday, October 6, 1:00-2:00 PM ET
Wednesday, October 11, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM ET
Learning Lab 2: Friday, October 13, 1:00-2:00 PM ET
Wednesday, October 18, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
|Course 1: The IRB Administrator’s Role in the Life Cycle of Protocol Review||Course 2: Expanding Your IRB Administrator Skills|
|Offered during the first three sessions for new IRB administrators or as a refresher course||Will take place during the following three sessions, for more experienced administrators or as a follow-up to Course 1|
Who Should attend?
IRB administrators with at least one year of experience, or who have taken PRIM&R’s course Exploring the Common Rule: A Guide for Beginners should attend.
Who Should Attend?
IRB administrators with at least one year of experience (or who have taken PRIM&R’s course Exploring the Common Rule: A Guide for Beginners), and who have taken Course 1.
- Nichelle Cobb, PhD: Senior Advisor for Strategic Initiatives, Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs, Inc. (AAHRPP)
- Susan Kornetsky, MPH: Senior Director, Clinical Research Compliance, Boston Children’s Hospital
- Nancy A. Olson, JD: IRB Administrator, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Jessica Ripton, MPH, CIP: Director, External Relations, Policy & Quality, Boston Children's Hospital
Participants holding the Certified IRB Professional (CIP®) credential may apply 8 continuing education credits towards CIP recertification for attending *Course 2: Expanding Your IRB Administration Skills. Learn More »
*Course 1 is not eligible for CIP credit
Participants who complete both courses can earn up to 8 hours per course of continuing education (CE) credit for participating. The certificate of completion can be used to obtain CE credits. Note that institutional/organizational requirements and policies for CE credits may vary. Please consult with a representative of your institution/organization to determine if and how many of these CE credits are acceptable.
People who attended PRIM&R’s Exploring the Common Rule: A Guide for Beginners course in 2023 may receive a discount of $50 off each course or $100 off the full program.
|Course 1 only||Course 1 only w/ Exploring the Common Rule||Course 2 only||Course 2 only w/ Exploring the Common Rule||Both Courses||Both Courses w/ Exploring the Common Rule|
If you prefer a paper registration form, click here. Please send the filled out form to email@example.com.
If you wish to add membership, please process that first, then register or submit the paper form.
*Please note that you cannot purchase this workshop on behalf of others. If you would like to register a colleague or a group, please fill out the paper form or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an invoice.