In this one-hour roundtable discussion, three members of the RIMS International Council will discuss their own experiences in response to COVID-19, from risk professionals’ perspectives, belonging to three distinct industrial sectors, separately from a multi-national manufacturing company, a university and a health insurer. The panelists will analyze the five (5) aspects of risk management and response, including people and community support, crisis management, enterprise risk management (ERM) and business continuity planning (BCP), insurance programs, and future risk and insurance strategies. These varied perspectives will inform and enlighten attendees on the methods used and decisions taken by global risk leaders.
1. People and Community Support – Your people and their families are always the top priority. How do we manage this and support the communities?
2. Crisis Management – Virtual meetings, online educational programs, and shelter-in-place. What guidelines could we provide? How does new technology help crisis management? How do we manage global loss control for industries in alternative approaches? How do we maintain customer service?
3. ERM and BCP – ERM strategy from various aspects, including global supply chain strategy, and BCP documents related to pandemic, etc.
4. Insurance programs - Various insurance programs might be triggered. How will insurance transfer and claims management alter?
5. Future Risk and Insurance Strategy – How will risk strategies change? For example, enhancement of existing captives for coverage response and better benefits, business opportunities, use of statistical projections, etc.