Monday, Wednesday, and Friday(s), June 28 - July 30, 11 AM - 1 PM ET
All of live sessions are recorded and provided to the attendees in the course. If you are unable to watch the live session you will be able to go back and watch the recorded sessions up to 1 month after last session. Once you complete all of the course content, survey, and quiz, you will be provided your PDH certificate.
This virtual seminar is derived from the SFPE 4-day Advanced FDS and Smoke View program. Attendees will be led through advanced techniques in using the Fire Dynamics Simulator (FDS) modeling, PryoSim and Smokeview visualization softwares. The course is intended for current users of FDS who are comfortable creating simple FDS input files from scratch without assistance. The course consists of many short modules covering specific topics. Each module includes a lecture section and a workshop section in which the student works example problems on a personal laptop computer.
Upon completion the participant should understand:
• HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning) networks
• Tracking gas species through the domain
• Implementing pre and post flashover fires
• Pyrolysis modeling and flame spread
• Advanced topics in combustion
• Creating and removing obstructions
• Smoke detectors and sprinklers
• Grid transformations
• Advanced Smokeview techniques: custom iso-surfaces, texture mapping, render files, and cadview.
• Basics of the Graphical User Interface program, PyroSim
Each student should have an understanding of fire dynamics, heat transfer, and fluid dynamics theory to gather the greatest understanding possible from the course. Each student should be able to develop FDS input files, develop design fire scenarios, and review FDS results using Smokeview without assistance.
Professional Development Hours
A certificate of 22 PDH will be offered. Upon completion of a post-test attendees will be awarded a certificate of attendance
*Not an SFPE member? Join today to receive a discount on all future SFPE Seminars