Now available "on-demand"!
Live Webinar: October 4, 2022. 12pm - 1pm ET. Significant building envelope fires are continuing to happen all over the world. The presentation will describe some of these events, outline why they may have occurred and what impact they have had on international regulatory systems, existing buildings and new building designs.
The speaker will discuss the typical prescriptive code requirements for fire safety of building envelopes, limitations of these and the challenges faced by designers when building envelopes comprise combustible materials/components. Finally, some thoughts on possible future approaches to fire safety of facade systems will be proposed.
- An understanding of the major façade fires that have happened internationally and hypotheses on why these have happened.
- The reaction and regulatory changes caused by these international incidents.
- The regulatory requirements for façade systems, why they are required, their intent and what to watch out for in design, construction and retrofit.
- Approaches to risk assessing combustible façade systems in existing buildings.
- The challenges faced by practitioners when they are designing façade systems with combustible materials such as building integrated photovoltaics, green facades and others with thoughts for a proposed way forward.
Professional Development Hours:
SFPE Members: Free
SFPE Non-members: $29.00*
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com.
*Not an SFPE member? Join today to receive a discount on all future SFPE Webinars and Seminars.