ONLY AVAILABLE BY PURCHASING THE SGIM22 HIGHLIGHTS BUNDLE.
Continuing Education Units Available: 1.0 CME; 1.0 MOC
CME/MOC Expires: May 1, 2024
To receive CME credit, you must watch the entire presentation, then click certificate to activate credit.
To receive CME and MOC credit, you must (a) watch the entire presentation and (b) complete the short MOC assessment, then click certificate to activate credits.
This symposium, The Role of the Generalists in Using Health Information Technology for Multiple Chronic Conditions, was originally presented at the SGIM22 annual meeting in Orlando (April 2022).
- Describe tools and strategies that incorporate Health IT in for self-management and allow patient and their families/caregivers to be proactive in healthcare delivery
- Critique existing studies of care coordination platforms and electronic care plans in regards to the feasibility of using the tools in routine care and the choice of outcomes assessed in these studies
- Identify how FAIR (findability, accessibility, interoperabiity, and reusability)
- Principles can augment the application of clinical practice guidelines to patients with multiple chronic conditions
- Identify methods for incorporating algorithms and advances analytics to identify risks in populations, especially those with multiple chronic illnesses, and understanding how to address biases that may worsen inequities
This symposium introduces general internists to the potential for applying Health IT in the care of patients with multiple chronic conditions. Health information technology (HIT) is an increasingly prominent part of patient care. HIT has promise in identifying those most at risk as people living with multiple chronic conditions, addressing their complex, fragmented and high-touch health care, while also supporting their goals and decision-making regardless of their level of comfort or experience with technology. Presenters will give concete examples of interactive mobile apps for patient-centered care, multidiscliplinary care coordination platforms, and tools incorporating algorithms to guide care.
THIS ITEM IS ONLY AVAILABLE BY PURCHASING THE SGIM22 HIGHLIGHTS BUNDLE.