April 5, 2017
SNA partnered with Potatoes USA for an informative webinar on the versatile potato where you will hear from Culinary Nutrition Consultant, Garrett Berdan, RDN, and Rachael Lynch, MS, RD. During this webinar you will be guided through growing and harvesting in the school setting, preparation, serving ideas and provided with recipes.
Successful completion of the webinar and quiz is awarded 1 SNA CEU, or 1 CPEU for RDNs/NDTRs.
- Describe the benefits of including potatoes and other vegetables in school meals.
- Identify methods used for growing and harvesting potatoes in a school setting.
- Identify school recipe applications for fresh, frozen and dehydrated potatoes.
Rachael Lynch, MS, RD
Global Marketing Manager
Garrett Berdan, RDN, LD
Culinary Nutrition Consultant
Key Area 1: Nutrition
Key Topics 1100 & 1200:
Menu Planning & Nutrition Education
1130: Utilize local food sources, especially Farm to School, when possible.
1230: Support school gardens as a means to nutrition education.
1170: Plan for effective use of USDA Foods.
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
Activity Number: 133205
Suggested Performance Indicators
- 8.3.6 Keeps abreast of current nutrition and dietetics knowledge and trends.
- 11.1.4 Interprets and advises on food manufacturing standards, regulatory requirements, policies and national dietary guidelines to inform others and to support product development.
- 8018: Environmental, agricultural and technologic influences on food systems
- 8090: Menu planning and development, nutrient analysis
- 8100: Food and recipe development and modification
- 8110: School foodservice
CPE Level: 1
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
Please note you have the option to submit an evaluation on the quality of this webinar directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
SNA CEUs and CPEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post-webinar quiz.
- PowerPoint (PDF)
9 Exciting Kid-Friendly Dishes for Your School Cafeteria (PDF)
$0.00 - $20.00