May 8, 2019
Everyone knows that school nutrition success hinges on integration throughout the school community. But there can be a wide gap between knowing this and making it happen! Austin ISD, our “host” school district, offers a terrific model for leveraging relationships with teachers and administrators to develop a wide variety of engagement activities. From classroom demos to student chef competitions, kids regularly get a “taste” of school nutrition far beyond the cafeteria walls. As presented at #SNIC19, come let Austin’s innovations serve as your inspiration.
Successful completion of the webinar and quiz is awarded 1 SNA CEU, or 1 CPEU for RDNs/NDTRs.
- Identify at least 3 ways to promote your program to students, staff, parents and the community.
- Determine how to become a part of the educational experience for the students in your district.
- Influence media exposure and participation.
Ryan Cengel, MS, MA, RD, LDN, CPT, SNS
Austin ISD Dietitian
SNA CEUs: 1.00
Key Area 4: Communications & Marketing
Key Topic 4100: Communications & Marketing
Subtopic 4110: Strategic & Marketing Plans
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
Activity Number: 137013
Suggested Performance Indicators
- 11.4.1 Stays abreast of changing trends and technology in promotion, marketing and advertising.
- 11.4.4 Collaborates with others to develop materials and messaging when the required skills exceed ability levels.
- 8110: School foodservice
CPE Level: 1
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
Please note that you have the option to submit an evaluation on the quality of this directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact: email@example.com
SNA CEUs and CPEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post-webinar quiz.
- PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)
- AISD Diced and Sliced Taco Challenge & Carrot Contest (PDF)
- AISD Food Service Overview SY19 ENG (PDF)
- Austin ISD School Garden to Cafe Program (PDF)
- Student Job Description ASID Food Service (PDF)
$0.00 - $20.00