Have an attendance code? Sign In to enter it.
August 28, 2019From community bans of plastic straws to the perennial debate over disposable trays, school nutrition teams can expect continued pressure from different stakeholders regarding a whole host of environmental issues. But labor shortages, health department regulations and conflicting advocacy positions can complicate well-intended goals and mandates. As presented at #SNIC19, join this panel discussion about sustainable practices from across the country and learn what’s ahead for school nutrition.
Successful completion of the webinar and quiz is awarded 1 SNA CEU, or 1 CPEU for RDNs/NDTRs.
1. Name three environmental concerns surrounding food waste.
2. Identify three environmental concerns surrounding disposables.
3. Describe five resolutions to reduce food and disposable waste.
SNA CEUs: 1.0
Key Area 3: Administration
Key Topic 3200: Program Management
Subtopic 3250: Water, energy & waste
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
Activity Number: 148105
Suggested Performance Indicators
- 12.4.2 Collaborates with community partners to implement programs based on the assessed needs, values, beliefs, limitations and strengths of the population.
- 12.4.3 Utilizes appropriate behavioral change theories, social marketing, behavior economics and communication strategies in the delivery of nutrition programs.
- 8110: School foodservice
CPE Level: 1 & 2
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
Please note that you have the option to submit an evaluation on the quality of this conference directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact: email@example.com
SNA CEUs and CPEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the postwebinar quiz.
- PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)