March 6, 2019
SNA and FRAC have partnered together to bring you a webinar focused on community eligibility. It’s that time of year for school districts interested in the Community Eligibility Provision, a federal option that allows high poverty schools to offer free breakfast and lunch to all students, to start conversations with district administrators about implementation for the 2019-2020 school year. Community eligibility reduces administrative burdens by eliminating the school meal application and increases participation because all students eat at no cost, making it a win-win for school districts and students alike.
Successful completion of the webinar and quiz is awarded 1 SNA CEU, or 1 CPEU for RDNs/NDTRs.
- Know the basics of how Title I funding and community eligibility interact.
- Know tips and best practices for evaluating the financial viability of community eligibility.
- Know best practices for communicating with key stakeholders in the school to gain buy-in for community eligibility implementation.
Child Nutrition Policy Analyst
Food Research & Action Center
Lauren Couchois, RD, SNS
Director, Food & Nutrition Services
The School District of Lee County
Management and Program Analyst
Key Area 1000: Nutrition
Key Topic 1300: General Nutrition
Subtopic 1320: General Nutrition
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
Activity Number: 139689
Suggested Performance Indicators
- 8.1.2 Applies knowledge of food and nutrition as well as the biological, physical and social sciences in practice
- 8110: School foodservice
CPE Level: 1,2,3
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
Please note you have the option to submit an evaluation on the quality of this webinar directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
SNA CEUs and CPEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post-webinar quiz.
- PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)
$0.00 - $20.00