It’s bid opening day! Countless hours have been invested in spec’ing items, coordinating alternates, answering questions and overall stressing. Then the unthinkable happens. Directors leading a brand-new school nutrition buying group share hard lessons learned in the process of issuing their first bid. As presented at #SNIC19, come hear what they did right, what they’ll improve next time and how the changing world of procurement continues to affect how we will all do business in the future.
Successful completion of the webinar and quiz is awarded 1 SNA CEU, or 1 CPEU for RDNs/NDTRs.
- Identify three strategies to maximize vendor participation within the constraints of school purchasing.
- Identify potential pitfalls in your current bid practices.
- Summarize best practices in procurement shared in this presentation.
Amanda Venezia, MEd, SNS
Director of Dining Services
Londonderry School District
Tim Goossens, SNS
Director of Food Services
Laconia School District
Key Area 2000: Operations
Key Topic 2400: Purchasing/Procurement
Subtopic 2430: Purchase Food, Supplies & Equipment
CPEUs for RDNs and NDTRs
Activity Number: 148098
Suggested Performance Indicators
- 13.1.2 Designs a plan for the purchase of equipment for the production and service of food that meets required safety and sanitation standards.
- 13.1.4 Applies budgeting principles when ordering equipment.
- 13.3.3 Collects data and utilizes technology to assess current trends in order to forecast revenues and expenses.
- 8110: School foodservice
CPE Level: 1
SNA CDR Provider Number: AM007
Please note you have the option to submit an evaluation on the quality of this webinar directly to the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
SNA CEUs and CPEUs are awarded after the successful completion of the post-webinar quiz.
- PowerPoint (PDF)
$0.00 - $20.00